Stats Widget

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Postcard from Lisa (U.S.A.)















May 26, 2011

The image of the America postcard is as important and famous as Brandenburg Gate in Germany, which has important meaning of history.

The introduction on the postcard:
Dating back to 1980, this Hopi stronghold against the Spanish stands on a rock mesa at a 6225 ft. elevation. This is the site of the famous Snake Dance when the Indians hold poisonous rattlesnakes in their mouths.

Introduction of Hopi people (Wikipedia):

Introduction of Native American in U.S.A. (Wikipedia):

Although Hopi is very famous in the Internet, I have never heard it before until I received the postcard.

I am grateful to Lisa who love archaeology for sending this valuable postcard to me, since I got great knowledge of archaeology from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment